Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Solar in Winter.



Today is a good example why solar is a bad idea on the roof. The panels I installed over in Glen Lake are not working. Why you ask? It is because of the white stuff that falls from the sky, SNOW. Because we got a little snow over night it has covered the panels and now they are not going to work until that snow is removed. But since this system is so low to the ground it is easy to take a brush and just pull the snow off the panels. But even so I am standing on a snow bank to reach these panels. Just goes to show you how big this system is. The bottom of the panels are above my head when I am standing on the ground. If they were on the roof you would have to climb up there and risk the chance of falling off the roof. I have fallen of a roof before and it is no fun trust me. When these panels are exposed even when it is cloudy like today they can produce a significant amount of power for the day. Link to the solar data website.

No comments: