Friday, July 18, 2008

Sold another one

We will be starting in Caro, MI in a few weeks with another wind turbine project. It will be a Skystream with a 45' tower and it will be located on Colwood Rd. I will keep you posted as we get a little closer to the installation time. Still waiting for the zoning approval which takes time when it comes to installing a unit. The Flynn and Stratton projects are doing very well with the electricity outputs.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kilowatt update

Yesterday I stopped by the Flynn project and since June 9th when I installed the kilowatt meter on the output side of the wind turbine, it has produced 129kilowatt hours for one month. So the wind turbine is averaging around 4.3 kilowatt hours a day. Not bad since we are heading into the least wind time of the year.

Since May 22 she has bought 595 kilowatt hours and was able to send 48 kilowatt hours back onto the grid.

Her average electric bill was about 600 kilowatts a month. As you can see it has made a difference.

We still have yet to receive an electric bill because of it falling at the end of the month when we started the wind turbine, billing has to catch up. We should be seeing a bill some time this month. I will do another update again after we receive that bill.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

New Weather Station

Today I installed a personal weather station so that I could keep track of the current weather at the Flynn project. Here is the link to that weather station which is uploaded to Wunderground.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update to the Flynn Project

As of today the wind turbine has produced 103kwh since June 9. She has had to purchase 510kwh from Cherryland Electric and she was able to put 43kwh back on the grid. That is very good considering that we are in a slow down for wind.

Those people that I have spoke to in the past couple of weeks, you need to buy now. I just received an email from dealer and the cost has just went up about $1000.00 a unit. I will honor all quotes until the time listed on the quote that you received from me when I visited the other day. After that I am forced to raise the price to the new level. If I could get five people to purchase one of these units in the next fifteen days I can get a little better deal on shipping and I am willing to pass that saving on to you.

If you wait until next year I feel the price will be through the roof.