Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vertical and roof mounted wind turbines.

I came across an article today on vertical and roof mounted turbines. This article is one that I have seen before so here is a link to that article. It is very well written and packed with a lot of good things to think about when considering a unit like this.

I was at Sea Shell City yesterday and I was watching the Windspires that they have there. Even though it was wind the looked like they were having a hard time spinning. Also they are way to close together so I think that they are stealing the wind away from one another. All wind turbines need to have a lot of space so that wind doesn't get disrupted by one of the others.

One other thing they are sitting right next to the building where there is a lot of of air turbulence.
It will be interesting see how well they will do there.

No comments: